Saturday, July 23, 2011

my first attempt at blogging

Finding myself killing time in Seattle at 6:30am on a Saturday inspired me to try my hand at creating a blog. I should be waking up, feeding chickens, making a big farmer's breakfast for my big farmer, doing some sun salutations, and then address the many domestic chores I've ignored. However, a trip off the farm for my less than perfectly scheduled check-ups on my aging parents has once again interupted my routine.

So, what is routine anymore? I've managed to ignore two letters of the alphabet: N O, or at least get them in the wrong order - O N. It seems I've spent the majority of my life deferring participation in the community to put the Kingdom first, not understanding that being present in the community is more of a practical exercise. You can't thump people over the head with a Bible and expect them to accept the Kingdom. Long story short, a lot of lost time, which brings me to trying to do all these wonderful things - all at once.

The 'killing time' affords me the opportunity to ruminate on what it is I really want and/or need to do to really become Zen. I am hoping this blog will give me the forum to bring me some clarity.

Namaste
The Zen Farmer's Wife, aka Leny Frog

No comments:

Post a Comment